Friday, October 31, 2008

Burn Baby Burn


OK, OK, I'll concede there are potentially devilish allusions at work here, so perhaps those of you throwing Hallowe'en parties tonight could 'drop' this into your 'set' whilst the rest of us use it to drown out the sound of those pesky trickster kids at the front door (I wish I had a swallow-'em-up front lawn like Mr Nevercracker's in Monster House).

The Trammps were one of the very first disco bands, and this track was of course put to fine use in the marvellous Saturday Night Fever, a film I could watch over and over again and er, actually have.

In keeping with what I hope you agree are the recent high standards we have set for posts at this time of the week, this is - ta da! - the full length (10:51) version. I'm sure I'd have been up to dancing that long to it once, but would most probably now do the Dad-at-wedding thing and nip out half way through for another sup of my pint and a rapidly curling-up at the edges egg and cress sandwich from what's left of the buffet 'spread'.

Still, burn that mother down!

The Trammps - 'Disco Inferno' (1977)

19 comments:

  1. What a tune. I used to like the Age of Chance version, however listening to it a couple of months ago realised that it was not a patch on the original and really not as good as i thought it was.
    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I bring this tune to the do? (with my name Dymo'd on the label for when I collect later) a variation on The Trammps tune

    Rat In Me Disco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What these clever young people can do with their computers! Dymo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Drew, I reckon there's enough down home funkiness and old school shouty-in-the-church soul in this to ensure it endures.

    What time's the buffet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the song I used to try and teach myself to dance back when I was an awkward teenager just starting to go to the Friday disco in the local sports centre. Saw my first (and only) catfight there too. Vicious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, do tell. Was it that Tracey and Steph again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the big boys formed a circle and cheered. I just wanted to run away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. statial. Good word verification.

    Meanwhile, don't burn your fingers on that tune. Fantastic stuff, I've only ever heard it in it's short form!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad got caught playing darts at my sister's wedding. Did he suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just spontaneously combusted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You want to watch that in a shed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good point Davy. Thanks for your sage and prudent awareness.

    As I always say, Health & Safety is everybody's business.

    Robust precautionary measures have been implemented within the shed confines. A fire blanket (which also doubles up nicely for picnics in the summer), water based extinguisher (guinea pig bottle) and a smoke alarm (albeit awaiting oblong battery replacement) are to hand.

    Yours in caution
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is why I adore you, darling xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. cor i never even knew such a version existed - surely dancers explode past the three and a half minute mark. i bet that's what happened to poor dick. we're just not made for such excitements.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure he was well damped down.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed. Like a tart, I am warm and moist with a head of steam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Atmosphere" by Joy Division with a swift segue into "Disco Inferno" - that's my fantasy funeral soundtrack (cremation obviously)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.