Saturday, June 16, 2007

There Is No Going Back...



No, not once you have fallen truly, madly, deeply in love with the guitar soundscapes and soaring melodies of Mr Robin Guthrie and the extraordinary voice of Ms Elizabeth Fraser. As I did, so many years ago...*sigh*.

Remarkably, this is my first Cocteau Twins post (such self-restraint - I could have overwhelmed you with them) but I hope it won't be the last.

This song fits into the proverbial 'grab at all costs if house burning down' category for me; but I hadn't seen the video until just the other day, and it is lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Golly. Yes! I was having one of those 'Top 5' conversations Friday lunchtime - records that had had most impact when you first heard them. Indeed. And YouTube had my own favourite (Bluebeard) sitting right there too. Lovely. Thanks, Dave, I was having one of those 'false start' evenings on iTunes and couldn't quite capture the moment. Not now.
    Mart x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mart, then you must go to http://www.cocteautwins.com/html/media/audio.html
    for a very interesting 'alt' version (billed as 'acoustic')of 'Bluebeard'- and many other lovely and rare things besides....Free. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.